Thursday, October 6, 2011

What a difference a year makes

It was almost a year ago exactly that we found out we were going to have a baby.


I remember last October so vividly.   I remember finding out that we were going to have a baby after months of wanting so badly to be pregnant.  I swore to myself that I wasn't going to tell Jerod until I got home from work that day, because of course you can't share this kind of news over the phone.  That plan lasted for about 4 minutes until I called him at work to tell him the news, and then proceeded to call my entire family as well within a half hour to tell them the news.  Who was I kidding?



Six days after we learned we were going to be parents I went on a vacation with Mom to Savannah, GA.  
It was a trip filled with mixed emotions and experiences.  While I was SO excited to be pregnant, we were also nervous if the pregnancy was going to be a healthy one because of some early bleeding.  And while I was so happy to be on a vacation with just my mom and me (the last time we did this I was 14 and we went to Disney World), I was experiencing my first days of morning sickness.  I remember how it felt to be so happy that I was pregnant, but not exactly feeling connected to the idea that there was really a little life forming inside of me.  What a strange thing!  There was so much wondering and imagining.  I really had no idea what was ahead of me.

And here we are, a whole year later, with the most beautiful baby I have ever seen...and she's ours!
Looking at Ruthie, it is so hard to imagine that a year ago she was just a few cells growing inside of me. She was INSIDE of me...that's so crazy!  And now we get to spend every day looking at this adorable face.
It is so fun to reflect upon where we were a year ago.  It is without a doubt the biggest change I've ever experienced in one year.  I am overwhelmed by the amount of gratitude and happiness this little girl has brought into our lives.  We love you, Ruthie!

No comments:

Post a Comment